Why Videojs and 360°/VR Plugin by Nuevolab?
Because most of available HTML5 players are either missing 360°/VR support, or such support is buggy in several places or missing useful functions. Finally because some 3rd party 360°/VR plugins are very expensive and not same easy to configure.
Limitations, issues, suggestions
- MP4 videos are preferred over HLS for videos to use VR plugin.
- Single bitrate (MP4 or HLS) is required for 360/VR playback
- High resolution video is required since only a small part of the video is rendered in the player at one time.
- CORS enabled on streaming server is required if it's other than production server.
Additionally you must set "crossorigin="anonymous"" attribute for <video> element.
- On iOS you need to set preload attributefor <video> element to render video correctly.
- The 360°/VR Plugin does not work with the iOS native player. It is recommended to set the playsinline <video> attribute for non-fullscreen video playback.
- The 360°/VR Plugin does not work with multiple players on same page. Multiple iframed players will function correctly.
- The 360°/VR Plugin does not support DRM.
- The core 360°/VR Plugin does not work in Internet Explorer. However plugin by Nuevolab offers pseudo 360° perspective playback, with mouse screen drag, 2D navigation and keyboard support.
- The 360°/VR animation speed depends mainly on machine's CPU and browser. The plugin has option to slow it down.